Indian lawyer one of 15 leaders recognised at ceremony
Top Indian lawyer Ashish Mehta walked away with the coveted “Outstanding Contribution” prize at the Indian CEO Awards 2014, held at Dubai’s Westin Hotel on Monday night.
In front of a packed audience including India’s new Consul General to Dubai, Anurag Bhusan, Mehta was given the award for his legal work over many decades.
The judges remarked that he had “been involved behind the scenes in helping smooth talks between India and Pakistan at the very highest level, after increased tensions between the two countries, last year.”
Other big winners included Diva Modelling founder Nicole Rodrigues Larsen who won Female CEO of the Year, while Dubai Islamic Bank boss Dr. Adnan Chilwan was voted Banking CEO of the Year. The Philanthropy award went to K.V Shamsudhenn, while DM Healthcare chairman Dr. Azad Moopen took the CSR Award. Al Tayer Motors boss Ashok Khanna won Motoring CEO of the Year, and Eros chief executive Deepak Banbani won Electronics CEO of the Year.
Ed Atwood, Group Editor of ITP Executive, said: “The contribution of Indians to the growth of the Gulf has been nothing short of phenomenal. The winners tonight are in our view the biggest stars from the world of business, who continue to make such an impact not just in this region but across the world.”
Full List of Winners:
- Ashish Mehta – Outstanding Contribution
- K. V Shamsudheen – Philanthropy
- Dr. Adnan Chilwan (Dubai Islamic Bank) – Banking CEO of the Year
- Nicole Larsen (Diva Models) – Female CEO of the Year
- Hariharan Ramanathan (Max Fashion) – Retail CEO of the Year
- Deepak Babani (Eros) – Electronics CEO of the Year
- Ashok Khanna (Al Tayer Motors) – Motoring CEO of the Year
- Tejinder Singh (BPO+) – Outsourcing CEO of the Year
- Kamal Puri (Skyline University) – Education CEO of the Year
- Dr. Michael Formenius (Dr. Michael’s Dentist) – Award for Medicine
- Raju Jethwani (Eurostar Group) – Technology CEO of the Year
- Dr. Azad Moopen (DM Healthcare) – Special CSR Award
- Dhananjay Datar (Al Adil Foods) – Manufacturing CEO of the Year
- Adeeb Ahamed (Lulu Exchange) – Financial Services