The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) team this week headed to the 70th Venice Film Festival, which runs from August 28 through to the September 7, to continue its efforts at promoting Arab talent at the high profile event.
The collaboration with the Venice Film Market will see ten films screened last year at the DIFF earn a spot at the Venice Film Market through their incorporation in the Digital Video Library. This opportunity will provide the filmmakers with a worldwide platform to showcase their creations to buyers, sellers, promotion agencies and distributors.
The selected films are:
1. BLIND INTERSECTIONS directed by Lara Saba;
2. IT’S ABOUT TO RAIN directed by Haider Rashid
3. INFILTRATORS directed by Khaled Jarrar
4. THE TURTLE’S RAGE directed by Pary El-Qalqili
5. LINE OF SIGHT directed by Aseel Mansour
6. ASFOURI directed by Fouad Alaywan
7. CHAOS, DISORDER directed by Nadine Khan
8. DEFINING LOVE: A FAILED ATTEMPT directed by: Hakim Belabbes
9. ROUND TRIP directed by Meyar Al Roumi
10. DETROIT UNLEADED directed by Rola Nashef
Films from The Venice Film Festival will also be available for viewing through the Dubai Film Market’s Cinetech. Member of the Dubai Film Market will also be on the panel of DIFF’s upcoming 10 edition to discuss opportunities for production and distribution in the Middle East.
The DIFF team, which includes programmers from the Arab, Asia, Africa and Europe, will continue to work in association with the Venice Biennale on the “Biennale College – Cinema” to support Arab directors and producers in their micro-budget audio-visual initiatives.
The 10th Edition of DIFF runs from the December 6 - 14 and aims at showcasing the very best of film from around the world.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.