The Bahrain Grand Prix could be re-scheduled at the end of the year after Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone ruled out an August date on Thursday.
"August - forget. Too hot. Too hot for the public to sit in the grandstand, it's 40-odd degrees," the 80-year-old Briton told the BBC.
Bahrain's Sakhir circuit had been due to open the season on March 13 but the race was called off due to bloody civil unrest in the Gulf kingdom, with anti-government protesters taking to the streets.
The season will now start in Australia on March 27.
Ecclestone said earlier in the week that he hoped to reschedule the race and a summer date had not been ruled out, despite it being earmarked as a much-needed break for F1 personnel in a year that could yet have a record 20 races.
On Thursday he suggested it was most likely to be slotted in at the end of the season.
"We'll have a look and see what we can do, how we can swap things round a bit. Maybe we can change with Brazil or something like that," he said.
Brazil is scheduled to end the season on November 27, after a race in Abu Dhabi.
Ecclestone hoped a decision would be taken next week, before a meeting of the International Automobile Federation (FIA)'s World Motor Sport Council, and hoped Bahrain could be re-scheduled.
"The people there have been big supporters for us and are becoming bigger and bigger. We get more support in Bahrain, much more than we did when we first started there and if they want the race we want to be able to supply it for them.
"If there's peace in Bahrain, we will be there," added the Briton.
In other comments, Ecclestone made clear he was against the introduction of the new moveable rear wing this season.
"I don't support it at all, there will be more and more protests and upheaval because of that, in my opinion," he said.
He also said Formula One would be better off with fewer teams than the current 12.
"Twelve teams is too many," he said. "Ten's enough."