1 of 7
Spacious apartments in high-end Dubai areas are expensive. Therefore, as the emirate’s rental market becomes stronger, newlyweds and bachelors on the lookout searching for value – without surrendering their chance of a prestigious residential address – are increasingly choosing to buy studio apartments. UAE property web portal bayut.com has revealed its most-searched areas by those who are looking to buy a studio apartment in the first half of 2016.
2 of 7
5. Dubai Sports City\nThe fifth-most searched area for buying apartments in H1 2016 was Dubai Sports City. The suburban residential community offers easy access through wide roads and economical options for potential buyers. It hosts the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, among other world-class sports facilities.
3 of 7
4. Palm Jumeirah\nNext up is Dubai’s iconic man-made island, the Palm Jumeirah, where apartments here represent luxury and exclusive living for residents. And for expats, the chance to tell chance to tell friends and family back home that they have bought a place on “that palm-shaped island” is almost priceless.
4 of 7
3. Downtown Dubai\nEmaar’s masterpiece Downtown Dubai was third most popular locality for buying apartments in Dubai during H1 2016. Residential units in the area feature exotic views of Dubai’s iconic Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountains.
5 of 7
2. Jumeirah Lake Towers \nJumeirah Lakes Towers was a close second to one of its neighbouring areas. The locality offers comparatively affordable apartments in roughly the same area as the first locality on the list.
6 of 7
1. Dubai Marina\nIn terms of residential popularity, Dubai Marina remained the clear favourite locality for buying apartments during the first half of 2016. It features waterfront residential options set around a man-made marina featuring yacht docking areas, with several hotels and restaurants. See the next page for the areas with the best yields for investors ...
7 of 7
Best yields for investors: For investment, studio apartments in Dubai Investment Park were believed best as they offered the highest property yield at 11 percent during the first six months of 2016. Dubai Silicon Oasis was next, followed by Al Qouz, Dubai Sports City and Jumeirah Village Circle, with all four hovering at around a 10 percent property yield.