64 percent of UAE employers are looking to hire up to 10 employees in the coming 3 months, according to Bayt.com and YouGov survey. More specifically, in the next 3 months UAE companies will seek sales managers (19 percent), customer service representatives (15 percent), human resources professionals (14percent), project managers (14%), and executive assistants (14 percent). Here is a list of the top 20 most sought-after qualifications amongst candidates in the MENA region.
20. 24 percent of employers in the UAE are looking for candidates who can prove they have good analytical skills.
19. 25 percent of employers in the UAE are looking for candidates with relevant industry experience on their resume.
18. 28 percent of employers in the UAE are looking for candidates with a vast network and good social contacts.
17. Being passionate and demonstrating a desire to make a difference is sought after by 29 percent of UAE employers.
16. A compatible technical skill-set is demanded by 32 percent of the employers.
15. 34 percent look at your personal grooming and overall appearance.
14. 35 percent of employers in the UAE are looking for candidates who are already in the country.
13. Being creative is also demanded by 35 percent of the employers.
12. Overall positive personality and demeanor is important to 35 percent of the employers looking for candidates.
11. 36 percent are focusing on the efficiency and productivity level of their candidates.
10. Possessing a reliable track record and being knowledgeable about the industry is sought after by 37 percent of the employers in the UAE.
9. 38 percent of employers in the UAE are looking for candidates who have good people management skills.
8. The ability to take on challenges comes pretty high on the list with 41 percent of the employers stating that it is an important attribute.
7. 41 percent of the employers in the UAE are also looking for candidates who are honest and trustworthy.
6. 42 percent of private sector employers emphasized the importance of working under pressure.
5. Possessing good negotiation skills is demanded by 45 percent of the employers in the UAE.
4. 46 percent are looking for good leadership skills.
3. Half of the employers listed that being a team player and being cooperative, flexible and helpful is at the top of their list.
2. 60 percent of the employers are looking for an employee with good communication skills, preferably in both Arabic and English.
1. For senior level roles, employers are looking for a candidate with strong team management abilities and past work experience in sales and marketing.