Authorities in Gulf state say current situation not dangerous and disease under control
Six people in Kuwait have been diagnosed with swine flu in the past week, Health Minister Dr Mohammad Al-Haifi said.
One patient was hospitalised for three days.
Al-Haifi said health authorities were in constant communication with the World Health Organisation to control the infectious disease but said the situation was not dangerous and was under control.
The swine flu vaccine had been merged with the seasonal flu vaccine, and was available at prevention centres.
In January, a 26-year old Jordanian man died from swine flu late on Sunday after contracting the H1N1 strain, the Jordan Times reported, citing the kingdom's Ministry of Health.
The man, who was initially suffering from pneumonia symptoms, was admitted to a hospital four days ago, the newspaper reported, citing Minister of Health Abdul Latif Wreikat. His condition deteriorated as he also suffered from heart disease.
Jordan has recorded 49 cases of swine flu since the beginning of its winter season and authorities are setting up a hotline to cope with health concerns.