By Martin Morris
Health Ministry confirms recent trend of most cases importing infection from abroad.
Kuwait’s Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed another 12 cases of the A/H1N1 flu bringing the total number to 123 cases.Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Yousif Al-Nesif told KUNA most of the cases related to people coming back from abroad.
He reiterated a previous statement that the patients are receiving the necessary medical treatment in the hospital of infectious diseases.
Al-Nesif said nine of the 12 cases were Kuwaiti citizens returning home from Indonesia and Pakistan, adding that most cases had recovered from the virus.
The Health Ministry is dealing with the issue according to the latest developments and the WHO's recommendations, the official added.
Most reported cases of the flu so far have affected 16-35 year-olds with a few cases impacting children and the elderly.