Dubai Retail Calendar 2020 expected to grow retail sector in the emirate to $43.8bn
Dubai has revealed its 2020 Retail Calendar, kicking off with the 25th anniversary of the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), which it is hoped will grow the emirate’s retail sector to $43.8billion (AED160.7bn) by 2021.
DSF will launch on December 26 and is set to run right through until February 1, 2020, with sales of up to 90 percent off in more than 3,500 retail outlets across the emirate.
The 38-day event will also feature a series of concerts by Emirati and international singers, cultural and family-oriented performances, stand-up comedy shows and street carnivals.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) said: “With the emirate expected to host millions of visitors, our Retail Calendar 2020 featuring a wide range of distinct festivals and events including the iconic Dubai Shopping Festival is set to provide year-round activations and special experiences for everyone to enjoy.”
The 2020 Retail Calendar involves 18 retail and mall partners and features 18 festivals, events, season launches, holiday periods and sales throughout the year.
The 2020 Retail Calendar will include the following festivals and events:
For all the latest retail news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
- Dubai Shopping Festival (December 26, 2019 – February 1, 2020): DSF is the world’s biggest shopping festival and will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year with exceptional experiences across its three pillars of shopping, entertainment and winning.
- Russian Holidays (January 4 – 12): Leveraging the increasing traffic from a key feeder country, Dubai will celebrate the Russian Holidays with various events and promotions planned for residents and tourists alike.
- Chinese New Year (January 25 – February 1): Capitalising on an important source market, this citywide celebration includes entertainment, events, fireworks, cultural activities and promotions across malls, strategically timed around the key holiday.
- DSF Final Weekend Sale (January 30 – February 1): During the last three days of DSF, retailers will unveil bigger promotions and sales, giving last-minute shoppers an opportunity to pocket irresistible bargains.
- Dubai Food Festival (February 20 - March 7): The Dubai Food Festival offers a unique recipe of events and activities across the city, focusing on gastronomic and culinary experiences ranging from fine dining to the 'hidden gems' of small and popular restaurants to the participation of a wide range of international restaurants.
- Spring/Summer Collections (March 5-21) and Fall/Winter Collections (October 2-15): These events are aimed at establishing Dubai as the fashion capital of the region, increasing sales, supporting retailers, and showcasing the latest fashion lines from local and global brands with special offers.
- Dubai Home Festival (April 9-23): The Dubai Home Festival aims to support the homeware sector with special promotions in addition to giving young designers a platform to showcase their products and innovations.
- Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr in Dubai (April 24 – May 27): The "Ramadan in Dubai" campaign is a social, cultural, and spiritual initiative that celebrates the values of the Holy month while Eid Al Fitr in Dubai will feature events and promotions to celebrate the special occasion.
- 3 Day Super Sale in May and October 2020: Retail outlets representing major local and international brands take part in this three-day event across the city, offering significant reductions of up to 90 percent.
- Sales period (June 4-24): Retail outlets offer up to 75 percent off on a wide range of products by the most famous international brands.
- Dubai Summer Surprises (June 25 – August 8): Dubai Summer Surprises features exciting events, family activities, exclusive shopping offers and fun raffles that give shoppers the chance to win valuable prizes.
- Eid Al Adha in Dubai (August 1-3): Eid Al Adha in Dubai highlights authentic Emirati traditions and customs, with several special events and promotions held to mark the happy occasion.
- Dubai Summer Surprises Final Weekend Sale (August 6-8): Retail outlets offer further offers during the last three days of the annual summer shopping bonanza, Dubai Summer Surprises.
- Back to School (August 9 - September 5): As students get ready to return to school, the Back to School promotional campaign is organised to encourage parents to buy school supplies from shopping malls and retailers that are participating in the campaign, giving them the chance to win valuable prizes.
- Dubai Fitness Challenge (November 6-21): The Dubai Fitness Challenge will return for a fourth year with exciting activities that are aimed at enhancing Dubai's standing as the most active city in the world.
- Diwali in Dubai (November 2-6): Diwali celebrations are an opportunity to celebrate with the Indian community and visitors through an array of activities and offers provided by retail outlets.
- Sales period (December 5-25): Retail outlets in the city will offer promotions of up to 75 percent.
- Gifting Weekend (December 10-12): A key weekend that attracts shoppers to buy gifts from a wide collection of branded products in time for the holiday season.