By Andy Sambidge
No compensation claims will be made after king makes order on celebrations.
Hotels and restaurants in Bahrain say they have no plans to seek compensation after being forced to cancel their New Year's Eve entertainment at the last minute.
Five Star Hotels Committee chairman Abdulrahman al-Morshed said senior officials had met to discuss the issue but unanimously decided not to pursue any claims, Gulf Daily News reported on Wednesday.
All New Year concerts were cancelled in support of Palestinians in Gaza last Thursday evening following directives from His Majesty King Hamad. A similar directive had earlier been issued by Dubai's ruler while events were also cancelled in Egypt and Jordan.
"The directives came from His Majesty as explained by the Culture and Information Ministry and as responsible people we have discussed and appreciate the reasons for the decision," Morshed told the paper.
"We will abide by the instructions of the government and as five-star hotels, we never contemplated requesting compensation. Of course we would welcome the idea if the government has such an initiative but we will not ask for it."
Morshed confirmed that five-star hotels lost considerable amounts of money as a result of the decision to cancel parties but said the plight of Palestinians was more important.