Please share with us your opinion on today’s often negative attitude towards employment when compared to entrepreneurship?
This is a common perception that has been carried forward by different generations and is prevalent even today. We were brought up to look up to our owners – someone who provides us with our stable, daily bread and butter business.
However, in today’s day and age, executives hold more value to a company, and in some cases are given higher remuneration packages than the business owner. This puts into perspective the importance of a talented employee and the value he/she brings to an organisation.
Ever since I joined the company nine years ago, I am happy to say that everyone I have encountered has treated me as an equal. Through hard work and commitment, I was able to work my way up the corporate ladder and have been responsible for hierarchical restructures, in addition to building some excellent teams that use their skills to constantly deliver the highest quality service and value to our clients.
How important is it to help others achieve their goals?
You can’t realise your dreams if you don’t help others fulfil theirs. That is the way it works. It is in fact through their accomplishments that you achieve your goals and get a step closer to building your own dreams.
Another facet of this is that satisfaction is realised not only through fulfilling your own objectives, but also seeing your team evolve and elevate their lives to become better at their job and better people that live a more fulfilled life.
Have you ever considered becoming an entrepreneur?
Even though I am technically an employee of the company, I have always considered myself an entrepreneur. I worked on building Armada from scratch and I hold decision-making authorities for Armada and the brands associated with it. My work ethic and decisions reflect my authority as an owner and shareholder, which I consider to be one of my key strengths. Each decision I make every single day comes from an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Passion leads the way in helping you discover what you love. For me, it was a clear choice: I love coaching and helping people realise their dreams, and now this is what I do every day. However, the road to success is not easy. You need to exercise patience while working towards achieving your goals. Today’s generation, unfortunately, sometimes lacks this basic quality – there is a sense of expecting immediate results. In my opinion, social media has pushed them away from reality, physical contact, and love. Eventually, they lose all sense of patience.
- As for the start-up hype, it can be a rather risky road and should be tackled with control and poise. Many people are sacrificing their careers and professional lives to pursue a mirage, and make it big in the world.
- It is important to have an in-depth knowledge of the operation.
- We should dare to take smart, calculated risks.
- I believe that compassion goes a long way in building a dream team.
- Never solely take credit for work that has been done.
- The joy that comes from appreciating others’ work and sharing credit is incomparable.
- Never lose touch with reality and always let your passion guide you in everything you do.For all the latest business news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.