A massive blaze was put out in Umm Al Quwain on Friday after a clothing factory caught fire and resulted in the evacuation of 50 workers.
No casualties were reported, according to the UAQ civil defence department, who said the reason behind the fire is yet to be determined.
Col Khamis Ibrahim Bulsali, acting director of the UAQ civil defence, said the factory ‘suddenly’ caught fire.
"The flames quickly spread to the entire factory, and destroyed a big part of it,” he said.
Firefighters put out the flames in ‘record time’ using water and foam, Col Bulsali said.
He warmed factory owners to observe safety, environment and health rules and regulations as to prevent such incidents.
Fires can be caused by unsystematic waste dumping and chaotic storage of items that often start blazes, such as cigarettes.
Col Bulsali said smoking, which is blamed for many fires, is strictly forbidden in factories.
Investigations by legal authorities are currently underway to identify the reasons behind the fire.For all the latest business news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.