Three people suffered minor injuries from the small blaze in Dubai's Gevora Hotel
A small fire broke out on Sunday night at the world’s tallest hotel, Gevora Hotel, on Sheikh Zayed Road, where three people suffered minor injuries due to smoke inhalation, Dubai Police tweeted.
The fire started at 7.40pm as a result of an electric fault in the ceiling of a sauna room at the hotel, according to the Dubai Civil Defence.
Guests were immediately evacuated and the fire was extinguished thanks to firefighters from Al Etihad station.
The 1,168-feet hotel, which opened in February 2018, houses 528 deluxe rooms and suites, five dining venues, leisure facilities and a health club.
Dubai has seen a number of fires over the past year, including a minor blaze at Torch Tower in Dubai Marina in January, which broke out on the fifth floor gym and sauna area, and forced all occupants of the building to evacuate.
A tossed cigarette caused a huge fire at Torch Tower in August 2017, which caused external cladding to set alight and spread rapidly up the 87-storey residential tower.
In February 2015 a similar blaze broke out, charring the outside of the building from the 50th floor up.
In May 2018, another fire erupted in Dubai Marina’s Zen Tower after furniture kept outdoors on the balcony caught fire.