By Andrew White
Boss at UAE's second telco says operating restrictions set to end later this year.
Du CEO Osman Sultan on Wednesday said he expects the telco to begin offering fixed line voice and broadband services across the UAE in Q3 2010.Currently the operator is only able to offer fixed line services in parts of the country.
“We will start ramping up aggressively early in the second half of this year, moving out of our current zones,” he told Arabian Business on the sidelines of the inaugural Abu Dhabi Media Summit.
“Within just a few months we will be nationwide.”
Earlier this year du said it would invest up to around $600m to boost its network in 2010 after its Q4 2009 net profit more than doubled on a surge in mobile users.
The company, owned partly by the ruler of Dubai's investment company Dubai Holding and Abu Dhabi investment vehicle Mubadala, broke Etisalat’s monopoly in 2007.