By Andy Sambidge
No invitation or offer made to high profile celebrity, says Dubai's media office.
No invitation has been sent to Victoria Beckham to design a new luxury hotel in Dubai, according to a statement from the emirate's media office, it was reported on Wednesday.
Dubai Government's Media Office dismissed media reports that originated in the UK that any offer had been made by Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Sheikh Mohammed did not send any email, invitation of financial offer to Beckham, and this information is baseless, the media office said in a statement published by UAE daily Gulf News.
An article was first published by The Daily Mirror in its Tuesday issue, which was reported widely in the local press.
The hotel was reportedly to be located on a fashion-themed island called Isla Moda off the Dubai coast, which is part of The World development, the paper said.
Ahmad Abdullah Al Shaikh, director general of the Media Office, urged media outlets to seek accuracy in conveying news and verify sources before publication.
What a surprise ...her PR team are really looking foolish lately, just like her...
Thank God, Allah etc I thought it was an extremely silly idea, it just goes to show you should'nt beleive everything you read in the news !