• Founded in 1976 to provide the nation with basic telecommunication services
• In 1982 Etisalat was the first telecom operator in the region to introduce a mobile phone service, and was one of the early adopters of GSM technology, introducing it to customers in 1994. Since then it has introduced both 3G and MMS in 2003, and most recently, the BlackBerry service in 2006
• Ranked 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 companies in the world in terms of market capitalisation
• The largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE federal government
• An award-winning socially responsible company
• An award-winning company for its nationalisation programme
• Mobile users enjoy the benefits of excellent voice and data applications like WAP, GPRS, 3G, MMS, Push To Talk, BlackBerry services and others
•The company offers fixed line services over the Next Generation Network (NGN), and has been migrating sections of its users onto the advanced network. The timeline for completion of migration is the end of 2007. By establishing NGN, Etisalat will be able to offer voice, video and data over one single source
• Etisalat has concluded roaming agreements with over 265 operatorsFor all the latest banking and finance news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.