We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Mon 1 Jan 2007 12:00 AM

Font Size

- Aa +

Euromax terminal deal agreed with CKYH alliance

Europe Container Terminals (ECT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the CKYH alliance (the alliance includes COSCO Pacific, K-Line, Yang Ming and Hanjin shipping lines) to develop and operate phase one of the new Euromax Terminal in the Dutch Port of Rotterdam.

Europe Container Terminals (ECT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the CKYH alliance (the alliance includes COSCO Pacific, K-Line, Yang Ming and Hanjin shipping lines) to develop and operate phase one of the new Euromax Terminal in the Dutch Port of Rotterdam.

The MoU will lead to the formation of a joint-venture company, with ECT holding a 51% stake in the project and the remaining 49% being held by the CKYH alliance.

The Euromax Terminal will provide the alliance with additional capacity to handle increased container flows in the Port of Rotterdam, the most important maritime hub in Europe.

“We are pleased to enter into a partnership with the CKYH alliance. This long-term relationship will secure cargo volumes from CKYH for our new automated container terminal, which in turn will provide the alliance with ample capacity and excellent container handling services,” said Jan Westerhoud, President of ECT.

The Euromax Terminal is currently under construction close to the ECT Delta Terminal in the Maasvlakte area of the Port of Rotterdam. Phase one of the Euromax Terminal is expected to be operational in 2008 with an area of 77 hectares, a quay length of 1500 metres and a depth alongside of 16.65 metres.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest transport news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Real news, real analysis and real insight have real value – especially at a time like this. Unlimited access ArabianBusiness.com can be unlocked for as little as $4.75 per month. Click here for more details.