By Staff writer
Residents and office workers told to exit Dubai Media City building; minor blaze reportedly put out quickly
Residents and office workers were evacuated from a high-rise building in Dubai Media City on Wednesday after a fire broke out.
Reports on social media said that the fire, which started on the ninth floor of the Business Central Tower A in Dubai Media City, was minor and was put out by Dubai Civil Defence.
A Dubai Civil Defence spokesperson was quoted by local media as saying the fire broke out at 1.45pm Dubai time and was probably caused by an electrical short circuit.