We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Mon 28 Dec 2015 10:12 AM

Font Size

- Aa +

First Austrian university in Dubai eyes Sept 2016 opening

Modul University Vienna's first overseas campus to be built at Dubai Multi Commodities Centre

First Austrian university in Dubai eyes Sept 2016 opening
(Photo for illustrative purposes only)

Dubai Investments has announced that Austria's Modul University Vienna's first campus in Dubai will become fully operational by September 2016.

The new campus, spread across 25,000 square feet and Modul’s first outside Austria, will be built at Dubai Multi Commodities Centre in Jumeirah Lake Towers.

Admissions will commence in the first quarter of next year with the campus being fully operational in September.

The investment firm has invested 90 percent of the total project cost for the 25,000 square feet university campus at Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, while Dach Advisory Group has invested the remaining 10 percent.

Mohammed Saeed Al Raqbani, general manager of Dubai Investments Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dubai Investments, said: "Modul University's Dubai Campus is a major value-addition in Dubai Investments Industries' dynamic and diversified business model.

"The Modul University offers a unique model in higher education, based on the principles of quality learning, to help open exciting career avenues in today's knowledge economy and DII is happy to collaborate in this exciting endeavour."

Zaid Maleh, CEO of Dach Advisory, added: "Dubai is emerging as a leading hotspot for business, finance, commerce and education in the entire region. Austrian expertise in education is well-known and highly regarded among regional communities."

The Modul University Dubai campus will offer undergraduate, graduate and MBA degree programs, including BBA and MBA in hospitality and tourism management, Bachelor of Science degree in international management, MBA in New Media management and Masters of Science degree in Sustainable Development Management, offered by Tourism College Modul.

Short-term vocational courses, spanning six months to one year duration, will also be offered for hospitality professionals in the UAE. All courses will be taught in English and accredited in both Austria and the UAE.

In 2013, Dach Advisory Group was instrumental in bringing Synergy University, the largest private university in Russia with over 35,000 students across the globe, to DMCC.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest education news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.