By Lubna Hamdan
Em Sherif emerged unscathed from the huge hotel blaze on New Year's Eve, says senior executive
Em Sherif in the Address Downtown Dubai will be the first restaurant to re-open a month after a fire enveloped the hotel on New Year’s Eve.
The restaurant’s Director of Operations told Arabian Business that the restaurant didn’t suffer damages from the fire.
“The restaurant hasn’t been damaged on any level and we look forward to welcoming back our guests as of Thursday evening on the 4th of February,” the director said.
Em Sherif, a high-end Lebanese restaurant, is located on the hotel’s lower lobby level, which was untouched by the fire.
It has an indoor and outdoor seating with a terrace that faces the Burj Lake, Dubai Fountains, and Burj Khalifa.
However, the restaurant noted that there will be no valet parking available yet. Guests are asked to park at Souk Al Bahar or Dubai Mall, both within easy access of the Boulevard outlet.
Other dining venues in the hotel, including Neos, Cut by Wolfgang Puck, Calabar, and Zeta, remain closed.
The fire in the Address hotel was caused by an electrical short circuit. It took place on New Year’s Eve during celebrations.
Only a handful of minor injuries were reported as a result of the fire and smoke.
Emaar Properties, who manage the hotel, stated it would reconstruct the hotel in record timing.For all the latest gourmet news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.