We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Sat 16 Oct 2010 08:09 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

France's JCDecaux wins Saudi airports advert deal

Exclusive ten year deal between GACA and JCDecaux affiliate follows recent efforts to upgrade Kingdom's airports

France's JCDecaux wins Saudi airports advert deal
ADVERT DEAL: JCDecaux and GACA have agreed on exclusive advertising rights in all of Saudi Arabias 26 airports.

An affiliate of French outdoor advertising firm JCDecaux has won a contract for exclusive advertising rights in all of Saudi Arabia's 26 airports, the Saudi Civil Aviation Authority (GACA) said on Saturday.

The ten year deal between GACA and JCDecaux-ATA follows recent efforts by authorities to upgrade its airports which are under pressure mainly from a growing number of about 3 million Muslim pilgrims and 8 million foreign expatriate workers.

JCDecaux holds 60 percent in the JCDecaux-ATA and private Saudi group ATA holds the remaining 40 percent. The value of the deal has not been disclosed.

GACA said 45 million passengers used Saudi airports in 2009, with nearly 88 percent of them passing through the kingdom's four international airports Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Madina.

Because it applies a strict version of Islam, Saudi authorities ban advertising posters from showing pictures deemed as indecent or promoting the consumption of alcohol, banned in the kingdom. Posters showing children, women and men are often crossed out by authorities.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall