By Gavin Gibbon
So far, there are over 150 confirmed cases of the deadly coronavirus in the Middle East
EFG-Hermes Holding has cancelled a frontier emerging markets event in Dubai early next month over concerns about the coronavirus.
The move was confirmed in a note sent to clients.
So far, there are over 150 confirmed cases of the deadly coronavirus in the Middle East.
Tuesday’s AFC Cup second round match between Kuwait’s Dhofar and Qadisiyah Club, from Saudi Arabia, which was scheduled to take place at the Jaber Al Ahmad International Stadium in Kuwait, was postponed, over fears the virus could spread.
Travel and tourism agencies in Bahrain have been ordered to stop any promotions from trips to Iran immediately.
The Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA) has warned that legal action will be taken against those who break the law “who will face tough penalties”.
“The measure is in implementation of the government’s decision to continuously step up efforts aimed protecting citizens and residents’ health and safety,” said BTEA chief executive officer Nader Khalil Almoayyed.
He said that the procedure is also in line with national efforts undertaken by all government departments to combat the novel coronavirus and avert its outbreak.
“There is no compromise when it comes to citizens and residents’ health and safety”, he said.health tips & news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.