We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Sun 22 Mar 2020 02:21 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Kuwait confirms 12 more cases of coronavirus

Ministry of Trade and Industry has closed four shops for violating Covid-19 regulations

Kuwait confirms 12 more cases of coronavirus

Health Ministry Spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad. Image: KUNA

Kuwait confirmed 12 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, bringing the total number to 188.

At a press conference, Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said four patients, two Kuwaitis and two Filipinos, had been in contact with individuals who had travelled to the UK, while another had been in contact with a patient who had recently arrived from Egypt.

The sixth case related to a Kuwaiti citizen who had travelled to Brazil, while Al-Sanad said details of the remaining six would be revealed at a later date.

A further three people were said to have recovered from the virus on Sunday, taking the total number of recoveries up to 30.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Trade and Industry has closed four shops that were not adhering to strict new regulations aimed at halting the spread of Covid-19.

In a statement, the ministry said it had received 416 complaints through its hotline, while 409 checks have been made at pharmacies and commercial markets.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest health tips & news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.