By Staff writer
Number of confirmed cases stands at 4,619, death toll rises to 33
Kuwait reported 242 new coronavirus infections on Saturday and a further three deaths at the hands of the Covid-19 virus.
The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health revealed that the total number of confirmed cases in the country currently stands at 4,619, while the death toll has risen to 33.
Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said that the deaths involved a 43-year-old Bangladeshi national, a 34-year-old Indian and a 71-year-old Jordanian. All cases were being treated in the ICU.
He added that 69 patients were in intensive care, 34 of them in critical condition. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 2,883 patients.
Earlier on Saturday, Health Minister Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 101 patients as the total is brought to 1,703 recoveries.
Meanwhile, an individual who breached curfew hours has deliberately run over a National Guard member, causing him injury to his hand, at a vehicle checkpoint in Jahra Governorate. Responding to reports on the incident, the Kuwait National Guard, in a statement on Friday, said that legal action will be taken against the individual.