By Staff writer
Ministry of Health has reiterated calls to adhere to social distancing during holy month of Ramadan
Bahrain’s Ministry of Health has revealed 16 cases of coronavirus confirmed from the same family, including parents, siblings and infants.
The authority said that the infections were caused by a single family member who had been experiencing Covid-19 symptoms but who failed to self-isolate.
“Furthermore, the individual failed to comply with government issued social distancing measures, which include limiting social gatherings during iftar and wearing masks whilst out in public,” a statement on Bahrain News Agency said.
The Ministry of Health has stressed the importance of following all official health guidelines and social distancing measures intended to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) during the holy month of Ramadan.
It comes as the Health Ministry announced an additional 82 cases on Sunday taking the total number up to 4,856.
There are currently 2,783 active cases in the kingdom, 2,781 described as “stable” and two as “critical”. To date, 2,065 patients have recovered, while there have been eight Covid-19-related deaths.