We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Mon 29 Mar 2010 01:01 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Hyundai, Samsung get $5.59bn UAE plant order

Firms win $5.59bn order to build nuclear-power plants in Abu Dhabi, ready by May 2020.

Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Samsung C&T have won a $5.59bn order to build nuclear-power plants in Abu Dhabi.

The companies plan to complete the plants by May 2020 for Korea Electric Power Corp, Hyundai Engineering and Samsung C&T said in regulatory filings today. Hyundai Engineering will get 55 percent of the order and Samsung C&T the remaining 45 percent.

Korea Electric won the order from the UAE in December. (Bloomberg)

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest construction news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.