Organisers of the Bahrain Grand Prix on Tuesday said they will not be taking any extra security measures above and beyond what they usually have in place.
In comments published by the Press Association, Sheikh Abdullah bin Isa Al Khalifa, president of the Automobile Federation of Bahrain, said he expected the race to go ahead without problems.
On the need for an increase in security, Al Khalifa said: "No, absolutely not. It will be life as normal. We've never had any violence towards foreigners simply because they are foreigners or in F1.
"There is no violence towards guests of the country, and I don't think there will be any disruption or danger to anybody coming into Bahrain."
Last year's Bahrain Grand Prix was postponed and eventually cancelled after political unrest, but F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has supported plans for the race to return to the Gulf kingdom next month.
The Bahraini race chief said there could never be an absolute guarantee of safety, but added that it was the same for all races around the globe.
"Of course, there are no guarantees in this world. You could be anywhere, even Silverstone. All I can guarantee you is you will be as safe as at any other grand prix," he was quoted as saying.
"There are disturbances, and they are youths who need to be handled and led in a proper and right way," he added.
"They need to know if they have concerns, problems, there are proper channels and procedures that can deal with them."
He said: "We've had our share of trouble, people have made mistakes, but it is time to reconcile, to move on and come out stronger and more united."
Last week, former F1 champion Michael Schumacher said he was "pretty relaxed" about racing in Bahrain next month.
The German ace said he was convinced the Bahrain Grand Prix organisers will pull out all the stops to ensure no harm befalls the Formula One community.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.