We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Fri 26 Dec 2008 10:51 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Oman Air to start daily Heathrow service on Jan 15

Airline chiefs say they are 'very excited' about new service to world's busiest airport.

Oman Air will start its new daily non-stop service from Muscat to London's Heathrow Airport from January 15, the airline said on Friday.

Flight WY911 will depart Muscat International Airport at 12.55pm and arrive at London Heathrow's Terminal 3 at 5.40pm local time.

Return flight WY912 will depart London Heathrow's Terminal 3 at 9.30pm and arrive at Muscat International Airport at 9am the following morning.

"We are very excited about the prospects of flying to London Heathrow, the busiest international airport in the world...I am sure that our daily non-stop service will soon prove to be a winner with both business and leisure customers," Abdul Razaq Al Raisi, senior manager for sales, said in comments published by UAE daily Gulf News on Friday.

Oman Air was was formed as the result of a merger of the former Gulf Air Light Aircraft division and Oman International Services, as Oman Aviation Services.

The Omani government holds an 82.4 per cent majority stake in the airline, while the remaining 17.6 per cent is in the hands of other investors.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest transport news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Real news, real analysis and real insight have real value – especially at a time like this. Unlimited access ArabianBusiness.com can be unlocked for as little as $4.75 per month. Click here for more details.