A total of 937 workers sacked for their roles in last year's Bahrain uprisings have been reinstated, the gulf kingdom's Labour Ministry said on Wednesday.
Out of a total of 2,462 employees who were dismissed, another 608 have been welcomed back by companies and are in the process of being reinstated, the ministry added in a statement published by state news agency BNA.
Nearly 300 sacked workers (291) have been re-employed by other companies "with better jobs or at the same level of their previous jobs", the statement said.
"These workers are not interested in returning back to their previous jobs and are under follow-up," it added.
Forty-four dismissed workers have refused to be reinstated, although their employers agreed to reinstate them, the ministry said.
Another two sacked workers have received approval from their employers to be reinstated but they are waiting to get the final approval from the security authorities "due to the special nature of their places of work".
Just over 200 sacked workers did submit any complaints to the Ministry while the dismissal of another 194 workers was not related to the unrest, the statement said.
Out of the 2,462 dismissed workers, only 179 cases have not been accepted by companies for re-instatement.
The Ministry of Labour said it "calls upon everybody to work, with strong determination, towards promoting prosperity... strengthening factors of sustainable development, creating more job opportunities and productivity so as to enhance the social fabric of our one Bahraini nation".For all the latest industry news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.