We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Thu 22 Nov 2012 12:07 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Paris St Germain rule out Beckham move

Qatar-owned club rules out move for UK midfielder after announces LA Galaxy departure

Paris St Germain rule out Beckham move
David Beckham.

Paris St Germain have ruled out a move for David Beckham after the former England midfielder announced he was leaving LA Galaxy after next month’s Major League Soccer Cup final.

Beckham has said he has plenty of “exciting opportunities” to consider once his six-year playing career with the LA Galaxy ends but PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti said the French club had no plans to open the cheque book for the 37-year old.

“Beckham? We have not made an offer,” Ancelotti was quoted as saying by sports daily L’Equipe on Wednesday. “We’re done [recruiting]. Good luck to him for the future.”

Sports director Leonardo echoed Ancelotti’s view, saying: “There is nothing.”

It was only in January that Beckham signed a new deal with the Galaxy but his departure, announced on Monday, paves the way for him to enjoy a last hurrah elsewhere while the Galaxy could take the chance to look for a new big name in his place.

Beckham had been strongly linked with a move to PSG last year before he decided to sign a new contract with the MLS club.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest sports news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Real news, real analysis and real insight have real value – especially at a time like this. Unlimited access ArabianBusiness.com can be unlocked for as little as $4.75 per month. Click here for more details.