1 of 6
Body oils might be all the heat in summer, but the winter season is when you need them the most. It is no secret wind and low temperatures make skin dry and irritated. And while body moisturisers work in hydrating skin, we find body oils more soothing as they are faster absorbed. So to help you battle winter dryness, we have collected 5 of our favourite tried-and-tested body oils.
2 of 6
1. Coco Mademoiselle Velvet Body Oil Spray: We recommend using this with our all-time favourite perfume Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. According to Chanel, the oil contains ointments, moisturizers and conditioners which soften, hydrate and soothe the skin. We don’t know exactly what particular ingredients they’re talking about it, but whatever is in that bottle works wonders for our skin.
3 of 6
2. J’adore dry silky body oil: Ylang Ylang is known for its antiseptic qualities which speed up the healing of wounds and infections. That is why we find this J’adore dry oil calming for our skin. The floral-scented oil also enhances skin tone by giving it a subtle glow. We recommend using this alongside its matching J’adore perfume.
4 of 6
3. Nars Monoi Body Glow: This second version of Nars’ best-selling shimmer oil is for those of you who want a multipurpose oil for daily moisturizing. The oil is natural essence of the native Tahitian gardenia tiare flower infused in coconut extract. Its bottle even retains the flower to further continue the process. Both ingredients are known for healing past skin damages and preventing future ones.
5 of 6
4. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Shimmering Body Oil: If you want a subtle shimmer with your moisturising body oil, opt for Estée Lauder’s edition. We love its user-friendly spray form and its lightweight texture. The shimmer is an add-on for us too as everyone knows skin turns pale in winter – and we like looking sun kissed all year round.
6 of 6
5. Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse: The best thing about Nuxe’s oil is its multi-usage factor. Because it is dry, quickly absorbed and lightweight, you can use it on your face, body and even hair. It is best known for repairing and nourishing skin and hair damage. The oil uses six nutritious plant oils including macadamia, hazelnut and Sweet Almond. IF you want a bit of colour with your oil, opt for its matching Shimmering Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse.