1 of 9
Stress can affect all aspects of your life: work, relationships and health – the latter of which is most important to your wellbeing. Without question, it is important to find ways to relieve stress and manage it. One of those ways is spa treatments. And we’ve got eight to start with.
2 of 9
1. We found that walking into Dubai’s iconic hotel Burj Al Arab is stress relieving itself, but if you need something a little stronger, try the hotel’s Talise Spa – particularly its Abhyanga massage. Made for ‘profound relaxation for the overstressed,’ the massage uses ayurvedic oils that get rid of stiffness in the body and stimulate calmness and mental relaxation.
3 of 9
2. The Anantara Dubai The Palm resort voices serenity from its entrance to its most de-stressing facility: the spa. Its 120 minute de-stress experience treatment promises to soothe accumulated tension. It combines both face and body therapies for maximum relaxation. It starts with a floral foot ritual, deep tissue massage and facial.
4 of 9
3. The spa at Anantara also offers a 45-minute Indian head massage that uses traditional stress relieving practices using therapeutic oils. The techniques are meant to result in an immediate sense of calmness. This also includes a floral foot ritual.
5 of 9
4. Meant to release deep-seated tension and blocked energy, the deeply relaxing bodycare with hot stones treatment is offered at the spa in the One & Only Royal Mirage resort. It comprises body exfoliation followed by a full body massage using essential oils and volcanic hot stones. It is then completed by an acupressure face and head massage as well we stretching.
6 of 9
5. The spa at the One & Only Royal Mirage also offers a men’s-only treatment designed to reduce stress. The 110-minute stressbuster body treatment begins with a body exfoliation followed by a full body massage using essential oils and hot stones to relieve tight muscles. Tension points around the eyes and ears are then massaged for extra relaxation. This is followed by an acupressure head massage before the treatment ends with gentle stretching.
7 of 9
6. Award-winning Amara spa at the Park Hyatt hotel is on our must-try list. If you’re stressed, we recommend the 120-minute Park Hyatt Amara Herbal Ceremony which uses herbal compresses of ginger, cinnamon and camphor powder to ease muscle stiffness and induce relaxation. The massage is also followed by a cleansing sea-salt-and-olive-oil scrub.
8 of 9
7. Raffles’ Cleopatra’s Spa and Wellness offers treatments that use Ayurveda, the ancient system of herbal medicine aimed at curing diseases such as stress, depression, and insomnia. One such treatment is the 90-minute Sirodhara (stress relief). It comprises a full intense body massage followed by Dhara (steady stream of herbal oils) poured on the forehead to improve sleep and mental relaxation.
9 of 9
8. The stress rescue massage at Willow Stream Spa in The Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort is a must-try for busy businesspeople. It’s a medium to deep pressure full body massage designed to promote restful sleep and melt away muscle aches. It uses aromatherapy oils such as rosemary, black pepper and ginger. Stiff neck, painful lower back or sore shoulders? Then this treatment’s for you.