We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Tue 25 Jun 2019 07:49 AM

Font Size

- Aa +

Oman denies sending US message to Iran

A military strike ordered in retaliation for the downing of the US drone was called off by Trump at the last minute

Oman denies sending US message to Iran
Media reports late last week said Muscat had sent a message to Tehran from US President Donald Trump, warning the Islamic republic of an impending American attack.

The sultanate of Oman denied Monday that it had sent a message from the United States to Iran after the Islamic republic shot down a US drone in the Gulf.

"The reports that have been circulating in the media on the sultanate delivering an American message to the Iranian government about the incident... on June 20, 2019 are not true," the Omani foreign ministry said on Twitter.

Media reports late last week said Muscat had sent a message to Tehran from US President Donald Trump, warning the Islamic republic of an impending American attack.

A military strike ordered in retaliation for the downing of the US drone was called off by Trump at the last minute.

Iran denied on Friday that it had received a message from Trump, and the United States followed suit with its own rebuttal on Sunday.

The US envoy for Iran, Brian Hook, said on a trip to Kuwait that Trump did not send a message to the Islamic republic.

Hook travelled to Oman on Monday where he met with leaders of the sultanate.

Digital magazine: Read the latest edition of Arabian Business online