We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Mon 10 Feb 2020 10:36 AM

Font Size

- Aa +

UAE closes its Hong Kong consulate 'until further notice' amid virus outbreak

Earlier in February, the consulate had announced that services would be suspended until February 9

UAE closes its Hong Kong consulate 'until further notice' amid virus outbreak

In a statement, the UAE consulate said that the consulate’s operations will be closed until further notice.


The UAE has closed its consulate in Hong Kong amidst the deadly and ongoing novel coronavirus outbreak, it announced on Sunday.

In a statement, the UAE consulate said that the consulate’s operations will be closed until further notice.

Earlier in February, the consulate had announced that services would be suspended until February 9.

The consulate has advised that its citizens exercise caution and contact them on emergency telephone numbers if necessary.

Other inquiries can be sent to hongkong.con@mofaic.gov.ae.

Medical authorities around the world now estimate the total number of confirmed cases at over 40,000, with over 900 dead.

So far, seven cases of the coronavirus infection have been confirmed in the UAE.

Digital magazine: Read the latest edition of Arabian Business online