In a statement, Kuwait's Ministry of Health said that travel increases the risk of contracting Covid-19
Kuwait’s Ministry of Health has advised citizens and residents to avoid travel to reduce their risk of becoming infected with Covid-19.
In a Twitter post, the ministry said that “we recommend that you do not travel for the safety of your family and yourself, as travel increases the risk of contracting the virus".
On August 1, Kuwait plans to resume commercial flights to and from the country.
Earlier this month, Minister of State for Services Affairs, Mubarak Al-Haris, said that Kuwait International Airport would operate at 30 percent of its capacity initially, increasing to 60 percent in the second stage, and would be back to normal level in the third and final stage.
International flights to and from Kuwait, with the exception of repatriation flights and cargo operations, were suspended on March 13 as part of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Kuwaiti citizens – as well as those from the rest of the GCC – are forbidden from traveling to the European Union, which has announced that only travellers from 54 countries will be permitted.
To date, Kuwait has recorded 54,894 confirmed cases of Covid-19, including 390 deaths and 44,610 recoveries.