By Staff writer
Fire starts at Marina Diamond 4 building; Dubai Civil Defence says blaze put out with no reported injuries
Residents living in a residential building in Dubai Marina were evacuated on Thursday after a fire broke out, it has been reported.
According to a spokesperson from the Dubai Civil Defence, the blaze, which started at around 3pm local time, has been extinguished and caused by a faulty generator.
According to social media reports, the blaze broke out in the Marina Diamond 4 building in Dubai Marina and several ambulances and civil defence teams rushed to the scene.
Residents have now returned home and it was reported that no one was injured in the incident.
Another electrical issue leading to a fire in a residential building!
It appears that the implementation of a new UAE fire code of material standards (fascia cladding and electrical) and the associated upgrade process needs to be accelerated. Owner occupiers, tenants and visitors, are no doubt already jittery and potential investors in tower properties will start to have second thoughts.
There may be a case for government grants, in the interests of public reassurance, especially in the case of older buildings where sinking funds are inadequate and owners associations have been left 'holding the baby' as it were.