We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Mon 2 Apr 2007 03:59 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Rotana’s new Fujairah resort a hit

The hotel company’s newest property on Al Aqah beach opened earlier this month to jam-packed bookings.

Local hotel company Rotana Hotels & Suites has officially opened the doors to its new Fujairah resort and is already booked up until April 15, according to general manager, Jean-François Laurent.

The Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa, which joins the famous Le Meridien Al Aqah resort on the golden stretch of sand known as Al Aqah beach, has been heaving with guests - both leisure and corporate - since its soft opening earlier this month and had a full house this weekend when the property officially launched to market.

"We knew we'd be popular because there is demand for Fujairah, but we were surprised to be booked out from almost day one," said Laurent.

"Forward bookings are looking good and we will be launching some innovative tactical campaigns closer to the summer."

Laurent said the mix of guest was 40% local or "walk-in", mainly ex-pats and Arab nationals from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The remaining 60% was international guests, primarily from the UK, Europe and Russia."

At this year's ITB show in Berlin, we had tour operators queuing up to sign contracts with us, which is a great sign that good properties such as this are needed in Fujairah," Laurent added. "Le Meridien next door has always been booked out, particularly at the weekends."

The Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa features 220 premier rooms, eight suites and 14 executive rooms.

Facilities include five F&B outlets, an outdoor pool, a wide range of beach and water sports and a Bodylines fitness centre, as well as meetings facilities.

A kid's club will open in May and a Zen spa in August/September and a beachfront chill out zone/relaxed F&B outlet is also on the cards.

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest travel news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Real news, real analysis and real insight have real value – especially at a time like this. Unlimited access ArabianBusiness.com can be unlocked for as little as $4.75 per month. Click here for more details.