By Staff writer
Stallion Group boss amongst 12 leaders winning awards
Stallion Group boss Sunil Vaswani walked away with the coveted “Outstanding Contribution to Business” award at the Indian CEO Awards on Monday night.
Held at the Sofitel Palm Jumeriah, Vaswani – named last week as the GCC’s richest Indian – was one of 12 Indians to be honoured.
Other big winners included Landmark Group vice-chairperson Renuka Jagtiani, who won “Strategic Leader of the Year”, while KV Shamsudheen was named “Philanthropist of the Year.”
Jacky Panjabi, boss of Jacky’s Electronics, took “Electronics CEO of the Year” and Marina Homes boss Khurshid Vakil won “Retail CEO of the Year.”
Healthcare boss Dr BR Shetty won “Deal of the Year” for his takeover of Travelex.
The star-studded gala event also featured a keynote speech by former Indian Ambassador to the UAE, Oman and Saudi Arabia, Talmiz Ahmad, and by ITP chairman and BBC broadcaster Andrew Neil.
Ed Attwood, Group Editor of CEO Middle East, said: “The contribution of Indians to the growth of business in the Gulf has once again been nothing short of outstanding. What is particularly impressive this year is that almost every single winner is self-made – having started from scratch and gone on to create literally thousands of jobs and opportunities for others.”
FULL LIST OF WINNERS
1. Facilities Management CEO of the Year: Navin Valrani
2. Deal of the Year: BR Shetty
3. Consumer Goods CEO of the Year: Ajay Bindroo
4. Electronics CEO of the Year: Jacky Panjabi
5. Retail CEO of the Year: Khurshid Vakil
6. Manufacturing CEO of the Year: Shaji Ul Mulk
7. Young CEO of the Year: Saima Khan
8. Innovation CEO of the Year: Faizal Kottikollon
9. Philanthropy Award: KV Shamsudheen
10. Special Recognition Award: Manohar Lahori
11. Strategic Leader of the Year: Renuka Jagtiani
12. Outstanding Contribution to Business: Sunil Vaswani