We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Sun 5 May 2019 02:32 PM

Font Size

- Aa +

Man who swallowed AirPod claims it worked in his stomach

Ben Hsu, from Taiwan, fell asleep with the airpod still in his ear and somehow one made its way to his stomach, where it still worked.

Man who swallowed AirPod claims it worked in his stomach
Ben Hsu's accidentally swallowed his AirPod but found it continued to work.

The Apple AirPods have a bit of a reputation of potentially getting lost or even falling asleep with them and not knowing they are on. However, in what appears to a bizzarre story, a man in Taiwan accidentally swallowed one, ITP.net reports. 

The story doesn't end there, according to a report from the Daily Mail, Ben Hsu couldn't find one of his AirPods after taking a nap. After not being able to find it, he enabled the "Play sound" feature to ping his AirPod and found it emitting a noise from inside his stomach.

Hsu deduces that the earphone fell in his mouth and unconciously swallowed it. Unbelieveably, the AirPod still worked while inside Hsu's digestive system and following immediate medical attention, doctors gave him a laxative to flush it out.

Concerned and yet curious, Dr. Chen Chieh-fan, explained: ‘Because of the plastic shell around AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower."

After a quick wash of the airpod, Hsu found the battery was at 41%. and called the experience, "magical". 

Arabian Business: why we're going behind a paywall

For all the latest tech news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.