What better way to celebrate the arrival of the Chinese New Year than with 10 tips on how to apply Feng Shui at your office?
According to expert Priya Khanna, Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese science of the environment, which works on the principle of creating a balanced flow of Chi (energy) with the help of five elements of the universe: Earth, metal, water, wood and fire.
If there is a balanced flow of energy between each one of these five elements, a prosperous and highly positive energy will be generated, Khanna claimed.
The concepts of Feng Shui are not ritualistic, but rather simple and effective. It merely involves placing products around the office in strategic positions. And if done correctly, it can result in a tremendous flow of energy, she added.
Here are Khanna’s tips on how to generate that energy in your office, on your own.
1. Place your desk facing towards the North or North East with a wall towards your back.
2. Place a statue of a tortoise on the floor behind the chair, parallel to the wall.
3. Place a statue of a dragon on the left side of the desk facing away from the self.
4. Place a career pyramid on the table on the right side of the desk.
5. Place a hand of protection statue on the table on the right side of the desk.
6. Place a Himalayan salt lamp on the North side of the room with a hand of prosperity, or a Juan Yin of prosperity. The lamp can be kept on for 8-10 hours a day.
7. For a quick and effective way to lift energy in the office, use light white sage leaves.
8. For luck and wealth, place natural crystals on the table. These crystals are Amethyst and Citrine. They can also be worn in the form of bracelets, or carried in the pocket. Crystals enhance the energy of the body and release blocks. They are highly effective means of creating a positive environment.
9. A taboo when it comes to applying Feng Shui in the office is sitting with your back towards a window or a door. This can cause backstabbing.
10. Also, sitting in corners where two angles meet is very inauspicious. It creates situations where the person can feel cornered.
Priya Khanna is a Master Practitioner of Fengshui and the owner and consultant of Elements Feng Shui, the only licensed company offering Feng Shui in the GCC.
They have an outlet in Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, Al Khaleej Centre, and Al Safeer Mall Sharjah.
For all the latest health and fitness news from the UAE and Gulf countries, follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.
Subscribe to Arabian Business' newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and business stories in Dubai,the UAE and the GCC straight to your inbox.