Millennium Hotels and Resorts apologises to guests at Makkah Millennium Hotel and Towers amid dispute with property's owner
Millennium Hotels and Resorts Middle East and Africa said on Monday it is pursuing legal action against the owner of a property it operates in the Saudi holy city of Makkah.
The company said in a statement that it has apologised to its guests for the inconvenience they might have encountered during their stay at Makkah Millennium Hotel and Towers last week.
It did not give details of the dispute in the statement which added: "It is with regret that Millennium and Copthorne had announced that on June 13 the owner of Makkah Millennium Hotel and Towers had unlawfully, and in contrary to the terms of the operating and management agreement, interfered with the exclusive rights of Millennium in the management and operation of the hotel and towers," the statement said.
Millennium added that it disagreed with the owner’s acts and had commenced proceedings to "remove this interference" while also confirming its exclusive rights to manage and operate the hotel and towers.
Then company said that it is pursuing "all available legal courses of action" in Saudi Arabia, adding that it is "confident of the Saudi judiciary system in the protection of rights and imposing of justice".
Operating 4,067 keys in Saudi Arabia, Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA also affirmed its commitment to the Saudi market.