We noticed you're blocking ads.

Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker.

Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us

Font Size

- Aa +

Sun 8 Jul 2018 09:41 AM

Font Size

- Aa +

Video: Why cosmetic surgery is booming in the Middle East

Fuelled by the expectations of social media and thanks to the increasing affordability and safety of cosmetic procedures, along with a huge number of new non-surgical procedures, the cosmetic surgery market is already worth around $34bn. And according to Grand View Research it will be worth $43.9bn by 2025.

“In the past ten years the industry has grown 20 times in size, and in some sectors by hundreds,” surgeon to the stars, Dr Simon Ourian, MD, tells Arabian Business.

You have to remember that only 10 percent of people in the US have ever had procedures, so the other 90 percent are our potential customers and that’s just in the US alone. I actually think there is room for a 1,000 percent growth in the next two years.”

Dr Ourian says this growth is being fuelled by customers from the Middle East. And in this edition of Inside AB, Jeremy Lawrence and Lubna Hamdan look at what is driving those numbers.

For more on the story visit.

(Source: Arabianbusiness.com YouTube channel)