By Gavin Gibbon
Kuwaiti government also announced closure of arcades, barber shops and salons as number of confirmed cases in the country reaches 104
Kuwait has closed down all shopping malls, arcades, barber shops and salons in a further move to combat the spread of coronavirus.
Under new directives from the government on Saturday, restaurants and coffee shops are not allowed to have more than five customers at once.
Food stores will remain open, but those waiting in a queue should leave at least one metre between each other, according to the announcement by government spokesman Tareq Al-Mezrem.
Al-Mezrem also criticised some families who had held wedding receptions at their houses.
"The aim of closing the wedding halls is to prevent gathering because meetings help in the spread of the virus," he said.
Kuwait announced four positive cases of coronavirus on Saturday, taking the total amount confirmed to 104. The four additional patients included an Indian national who had been in contact with a person from Azerbaijan; two Kuwaitis who had been in the United Kingdom; and a Kuwait female who was in both Qatar and France.
Ministry of Health spokesman Dr Abdullah Al-Sanad told Kuwait’s state news agency (KUNA) that there are currently six patients in intensive care, two in a critical conditions and the rest are stable.