By Staff writer
Further four fatalities reported on Wednesday, death toll reaches 230
Kuwait confirmed a further 710 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday, taking the total number of infections in the country to 29,359.
Official spokesperson for the Kuwait Ministry of Health, Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad revealed that four further deaths had been reported, with the death toll in the country now standing at 230 since the start of the outbreak.
According to the state news agency (KUNA), none of the new cases were linked to travel.
Dr Al-Sanad said there were 256 Kuwaitis, 143 Indians, 93 Bangladeshis, 91 Egyptians and the rest made up of diverse nationalities.
He added that 82 cases were in Al-Farwaniya, 140 in AlJahraa, 130 in Al-Ahmadi, 88 in Hawally and 70 in Al-Assima (the capital).
Up to 437 patients were discharged from quarantine over the past 24 hours.
While Dr Al-Sanad said 2,934 swab tests have been carried out in the past 24 hours, bringing the whole number of tests to 303,285.